Storms have forced the postponement of the big match until tomorrow. Hundred-mile-an-hour winds are causing havoc in south-west France and northern Spain, and the match organisers have been forced to cancel today’s game for safety.
This is a bit of a problem for all those Munster supporters who travelled to Montauban and Toulouse because many of them have booked return flights for tomorrow and they’ll have to miss the game. I was supposed to go myself, but for various reasons decided not to travel. Bock the psychic.
I’ve been in contact with some of our people in France and they report very difficult conditions, but they’re doing their best. They’ve all taken shelter in Trevor Brennan’s pub and they’re doing their best to survive by drinking beer and singing.
It’s a miserable situation.