I learned something today that I never knew: Moses had a speech impediment.
Did you know that?
Moses had a speech impediment and his brother Aaron was placed on this earth to speak for him.
What a strange thought. Where does that leave Charlton Heston? Of all the biblical figures, I always thought Moses was the one you couldn’t laugh at. Moses was a serious mover and shaker, parting the Red Sea, striding down the mountain with two huge slabs of stone and all those commandments carved into them by laser, mighty beard flowing in the storm, furious Prophet-eyes glowing in the dark, bellowing out the Truth to his people.
– Ang ngnot nga mncngmangmins!!
– Sorry? What’s that Moses?
– Ang ngnot nga mncngmangmins frngom ngGnodd!!
– What’s he saying?
– He watched Master and Commander last night.
– No. He said he was attacked by Comanches.
– Ang ngnot nga ngfukken mncngmangmins frngom ngGnodd ye mgcrowngd ongf mgcunts!!
– He says he’s proud of Munster.
– Oh ngfornn ngfucksangke!!Ang ngive ngup. Ngfukk ngoff ngan nget mngsomengone ngelse ngo ngfukken mnglaff mngat. Mnnggbngastangrds!!!
– I don’t know what he’s saying. Anyone for a pint?
(pic by Craic)