- Hey Gabriel! Long time no see! Raphael, my man, what’s happenin’?
– Sataniel! Hey! It’s been, what, all of creation since I seen ya. Where you been, Bro?
– Just call me Satan, buddy. Satan’s fine. That’s my name these days. Satan.
– Ok, eh, Satan. So how’s tricks? What you been doin?
– Ah, you know. A bit of this. A bit of that. I just thought I’d drop by, chew the fat, talk over old times. Where’s Michael?
– He’s out back havin’ a smoke with those other guys. Hey, give this guy a cold beer. He looks like he needs it.
– Other guys? Oh yeah. The guys no-one knows. Uriel, isn’t it? And no, wait, lemme think – Phanuel, Zarachiel and, and … aw shit! It won’t come to me.
– Simiel. His name is Simiel. He does the proclaiming around here. You slipping, Sataniel? You findin The Life tough goin?
– They used to call us the El Team. Remember, Gabe? Remember? Before I had my little fallin’ out, so to speak. Hey , here comes Mikey. Yo, Mikey. What’s happenin?
– Don’t call me Mikey, and I won’t call you Lucy. What do you want?
– Hey Michael, there’s no need to be —
– Cut the shit, Sataniel. You were like a brother to me. A brother! And now look at you. Lucifer, The Bearer of Light, my ass!! Now look at you, all dressed up like some two-bit pimp.
– Jeez, Michael, gimme some slack. I’ve been away runnin my own operation. It isn’t easy to keep it all together. Sometimes you gotta dress to impress, y’know?
– What do you want, Sataniel? Have you any idea what the Boss will do if he finds out you ‘ve been sneaking in the back door, drinkin his beer, smoking his blow? Have you the slightest idea? Are you nuts?
– Well, see, Mikey — sorry – Michael, that’s the thing . I keep my guys away from your operation. I don’t try to make your guys look bad, and all I ask in return is a little mutuality. A little professional respect. And I want to tell you, I am not happy with this operative you have put on me.
– Say again?
– This agent of yours, tryin to make me look bad with all this Haiti shit.
– You’ve lost me, Satan.
– You mean he isn’t one of your guys?
– Pat Robertson. He’s not one of yours? It’s not a covert op to give me a bad name?
– No. We thought he was one of yours.
– He ain’t one of mine. Do you think I’d keep a chump like that on the payroll for more than five seconds without whackin him? Come on. Gimme a break!
– So if he isn’t one of yours, and he’s not one of ours, then who is he?
– I don’t know, but I reckon your Boss ain’t gonna be pleased. I reckon your Boss is gonna revert to traditional methods for Mr Robertson
– Agreed. I think we’ll have to hold a joint operation.
– Get medieval on his ass?